Slip and Fall Attorney in Las Vegas
You’ve been injured by the dangerous conditions on someone’s property and now they’re trying to make you look like a fool.
Their insurance company is denying your claim while you suffer the painful consequences of their client’s negligence. They’re trying to twist the circumstances and bury the truth, hoping you’ll go away frustrated and uncompensated.
No matter what the insurance companies say, the law is clear: property owners have a responsibility to inspect their property and maintain it properly. Dangerous conditions should be warned of appropriately and malfunctioning equipment should be clearly labeled.
Call 702-380-3100 for A Free Consultation
If you or a loved one has suffered significant injuries in a slip and fall accident at a business or at someone’s home, you may be able to file a lawsuit and recover fair compensation for the injury it cost you. A Las Vegas slip and fall attorney can help you recover from the disabilities suffered as a result of the property owner’s negligence. You may be able to file a claim for:
- Lost earnings
- Disfigurement and pain
- Permanent physical disability
- Emotional distress
- Medical bills
- Pain and suffering
Dallas Horton & Associates has successfully “reminded” insurance companies of the laws regarding premises liability, time and time again, for over a decade. Our Las Vegas personal injury attorneys have the experience and medical knowledge necessary to fight the willful ignorance and shameful behavior of negligent business owners to get you the compensation you deserve.
Determining Liability for Slip & Fall Accident
There is no absolute way to determine if someone is legally responsible for an incident that causes you to slip and fall. The case will depend on whether the property owner took precautions and actions to ensure the possibility of slipping and falling would not occur. By the same token, you must prove that you were not careless. For the owner to be liable, you must prove one of the following three elements:
- The property owner or the employee must have caused the spill, hole in the floor or other dangerous surface because of a failure to perform maintenance or repairs.
- The owner of the premises or an employee must have knowledge of the danger, but did not remedy the situation that caused the injury.
- The property owner or an employee knew about or should have known the hazardous surface or condition, but did not alert visitors or tenants about this fact.
The last situation may be the most common case, because it focuses on what the property owner or employee “should have known.” In all cases, the judge and jury will look at the evidence to determine whether the property owner exercised reasonable care or acted negligently.
Real Case Results
Dallas Horton & Associates have resolved hundreds of cases in Las Vegas, including slip and fall cases. Here are a few real results from some of our cases:
- $650,000 for Slip and Fall
- $5.4 million for Sexual Abuse
- $2.975 million for Leg Injury
- $2.25 million for Constructive Fraud
- $2.25 million for Probate Dispute
- $2.0 million for Spinal Cord Injury
A simple trip to the store or a fun night at a casino shouldn’t put you in the hospital.
Contact our firm if you or a loved one have been injured as a result of:
- Grocery stores failing to have an employee make regular floor inspections to check for and clean up spills
- Landlords failing to make sure all the lights on the property work and see that the hallways, stairs, and common areas are clean and clear of dangerous debris
- Construction zones failing to mark dangerous areas with cones or other warning signs
- Casinos failing to insure the property is safe and free from construction defects
Dallas Horton & Associates can help you get justice and make sure what happened to you doesn’t happen to anyone else.
Call us today at 702-380-3100 to talk about your case.