David Thomas is an associate with Dallas Horton & Associates and practices personal injury law including medical malpractice defense. He joined the firm in June of 2007.
After graduating from the University of San Diego in 1987, Mr. Thomas practiced primarily insurance defense with Barker, Gillock, Koning, Brown and Early. He became a partner in that firm in approximately 1993 and remained there until his firm merged with Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard and Smith in 2005. Mr. Thomas’ legal experience includes successful completion of approximately twenty jury trials, hundreds of arbitrations and mediations, and multiple oral arguments before the Nevada Supreme Court including the three published opinions stated above.
Mr. Thomas is admitted to practice in all courts of the State of Nevada , the United States District Court, the Ninth Circuit, and the United Stated Supreme Court.
Mr. Thomas has been married to his wife Rosanne for 21 years. He is the proud father of a daughter Kelsey, who is a freshman at Texas Christian University, and a son John, who is a freshman at Faith Lutheran High School.
- University of San Diego, JD, 1987
- University of San Diego, Bachelor of Arts (Business Management), 1984
- 19 years – Insurance defense litigation including approximately 20 trials in areas ranging from auto cases and bad faith to products liability and commercial/mortgage litigation
- Represented university employees in two National Collegiate Athletic Association investigations
- American Bar Association
- AV rated Martindale-Hubbell®
- Participated in numerous in-house seminars to insurance company clients, private clients, and private associations (e.g. RIMS) regarding Nevada law and insurance issues
- Caesars Palace v. National Union, 106 Nev.
- Grosjean v. Imperial Palace, Inc.
- Webb v. Clark County School District