Expert Slip and Fall Lawyer in Las Vegas - Dallas Horton and Associates
You’ve been injured by the dangerous conditions on someone’s property and now they’re trying to make you look like a fool.
Their insurance company is denying your claim while you suffer the painful consequences of their client’s negligence. They’re trying to twist the circumstances and bury the truth, hoping you’ll go away frustrated and uncompensated.
No matter what the insurance companies say, the law is clear: property owners have a responsibility to inspect their property and maintain it properly. Dangerous conditions should be warned of appropriately and malfunctioning equipment should be clearly labeled.
Real Case Results
Dallas Horton & Associates have resolved hundreds of cases in Las Vegas, including slip and fall cases.
Here are just a few real results from some of our slip and fall cases:
- $6.5 million for Brain Injury on Premise liability case
- $2.975 million resolution for Leg Injury on premise liability case
- $1.25 million Slip and Fall case
- $650,000 Slip and Fall case
"Irrespective of the size of the case, our goal is to give every client the time and attention they deserve, and to get justice for all. Our office has handled over 15,000 cases ranging in value from $5000 to $9.6 million. It is not about the value of the harm, its about correcting the injustice that has occurred. Our law firm cares about your injury as well as your recovery." - Dallas Horton
Call To Schedule Your Free Consultation Today!
Slip and Fall Injury?
If you or a loved one has suffered significant injuries in a slip and fall accident at a business or at someone’s home, you may be able to file a lawsuit and recover fair compensation for the injury it cost you. A Las Vegas slip and fall attorney can help you recover from the disabilities suffered as a result of the property owner’s negligence. You may be able to file a claim for:
- Lost earnings
- Disfigurement and pain
- Permanent physical disability
- Emotional distress
- Medical bills
- Pain and suffering
Dallas Horton & Associates has successfully “reminded” insurance companies of the laws regarding premises liability, time and time again, for over a decade. Our Las Vegas personal injury attorneys have the experience and medical knowledge necessary to fight the willful ignorance and shameful behavior of negligent business owners to get you the compensation you deserve.
Determining Liability for Slip & Fall Accident
There is no absolute way to determine if someone is legally responsible for an incident that causes you to slip and fall. The case will depend on whether the property owner took precautions and actions to ensure the possibility of slipping and falling would not occur. By the same token, you must prove that you were not careless. For the owner to be liable, you must prove one of the following three elements:
- The property owner or the employee must have caused the spill, hole in the floor or other dangerous surface because of a failure to perform maintenance or repairs.
- The owner of the premises or an employee must have knowledge of the danger, but did not remedy the situation that caused the injury.
- The property owner or an employee knew about or should have known the hazardous surface or condition, but did not alert visitors or tenants about this fact.
The last situation may be the most common case, because it focuses on what the property owner or employee “should have known.” In all cases, the judge and jury will look at the evidence to determine whether the property owner exercised reasonable care or acted negligently.
Let Dallas Horton & Associates Help!
A simple trip to the store or a fun night at a casino shouldn’t put you in the hospital.
Contact our firm if you or a loved one have been injured as a result of:
- Grocery stores failing to have an employee make regular floor inspections to check for and clean up spills
- Landlords failing to make sure all the lights on the property work and see that the hallways, stairs, and common areas are clean and clear of dangerous debris
- Construction zones failing to mark dangerous areas with cones or other warning signs
- Casinos failing to insure the property is safe and free from construction defects
Dallas Horton & Associates can help you get justice and make sure what happened to you doesn’t happen to anyone else.