Premier Brain Injury Attorney in Las Vegas - Dallas Horton
More than 1.4 million people suffer a traumatic brain injury in the United States annually. Receiving a life-changing jolt or blow to the head not only disrupts the function of the brain, but it also has far-reaching future consequences.
Even the most mild brain injuries can have persistent and potential long term consequences for the victim and their family.
Physical, psychological, cognitive, and social problems can require a lifetime of expensive treatment, special care, and constant readjustment by everyone to the permanent change in their reality.
"Irrespective of the size of the case, our goal is to give every client the time and attention they deserve, and to get justice for all. Our office has handled over 15,000 cases ranging in value from $5000 to $9.6 million. It is not about the value of the harm, its about correcting the injustice that has occurred. Our law firm cares about your injury as well as your recovery." - Dallas Horton
Real Case Results
Dallas Horton & Associates have resolved hundreds of cases in Las Vegas, including brain injury cases. Here are a few real results from some of our cases:
- $6.5 million for Brain Injury
- $2.0 million for Spinal Cord Injury
- $8.9 million for Motor Vehicle Accident
- $5.4 million for Sexual Abuse
- $2.975 million for Leg Injury
- $2.25 million for Constructive Fraud
- $2.25 million for Probate Dispute
Call To Schedule Your Free Consultation Today!
The Leading Causes of Traumatic Brain Injury
Nearly 5.3 million people across the United States must suffer with disabilities caused by brain injuries that range from mild concussions to extreme comas.
Brain injuries occur under a wide variety of circumstances, including:
- Birth injuries
- Vehicle accidents and collisions
- Slip & fall accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Premises liability
- Defective product
Your loved one needs access to medical professionals –
- Doctors who are specialists in diagnosing and treating brain injuries
- Physical therapists who know how to work with the subtle disabilities brain injuries cause
- Mental health professionals trained to guide victims of brain injuries through the confusing changes in their personality, emotions, and awareness
You need someone who will fight for justice. The brain injury Lawyers at Dallas Horton and Associates Las Vegas will take on those responsible for your family’s terrible tragedy and make them pay for their shameful actions.
The Financial Costs of TBI
The National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke estimates that the total cost of a traumatic brain injury over the victim’s lifespan can reach $4 million. The costs victims and their families can often face include:
- Medical costs — Traumatic brain injury requires acute trauma surgery. This is followed up by at-home, post-acute or specialized care in a medical facility.
- Rehabilitation services — Some victims require a variety of rehabilitative services, such as physical therapy, cognitive therapy, and speech therapy. These rehabilitation services may be necessary to recover their bodily functions.
- Vocational rehabilitation — Many people who experience TBI may be unable to return to productive work and will require vocational training.
- Psychological counseling — TBI sufferers can suffer from anxiety, depression, and more. These issues often require counseling or medications.
- Increased living costs — Some TBI victims must receive home healthcare services or live in a long-term facility. Often, family members set aside other priorities to make available time, which adds additional costs to a TBI. the TBI case.
Beyond the financial and emotional impact for both victims and families, a brain injury may mean that the victim and their family must settle for a lifestyle totally different from anything they ever imagined.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
How long does a Traumatic Brain Injury Case Take?
The more the severe the brain injury the longer the case can take. 85% of brain injuries resolve. This is a concussion where the affects go away. These cases can generally be settled quickly. However the more complicated the brain injury, the longer it takes to document the toll it has on the person’s life so they can be fairly compensated. It often takes more than a year just to understand the extent of a brain injuries effect on a person’s life. Permanent brain injuries are complicated and very valuable cases.
What constitutes a Traumatic Brain Injury?
A brain injury involves a sheering or abruption of the brain. It does not require bleeding in the brain. Bleeding in the brain is the most obvious evidence of a brain injury.
What is the statute of limitations on a Traumatic Brain Injury?
In Nevada you have two years from the date of your accident to file suit.
Can a family member file a traumatic brain injury lawsuit on behalf of a loved one?
Yes, but only if they have obtained a valid guardianship through family court because the brain injured person is incapable of caring for themselves.
What if we can't cover the medical bills associated with the TBI?
Our firm will provide you with the names of physicians who will treat you and await payment of their bills until the conclusion of your personal injury case. These physicians expect to be paid from the proceeds of your personal injury case.
Dallas Horton & Associates can help.
Our Las Vegas personal injury attorneys have the experience and medical knowledge necessary to successfully maximize damages for brain injury victims in Las Vegas. Our firm has fought for over a decade to get injured people the compensation they deserve. Serious brain injury cases in Las Vegas can result in complex trials where insurance company lawyers try to delay justice for as long as possible. Because of the lifetime of very expensive medical care brain injury victims require, insurance companies will fight, and fight hard, to deny your claim. And make no mistake, it will be a fight.
Dallas Horton & Associates has extensive trial experience and will not hesitate to step into a courtroom against anyone to get your injured loved one justice and make sure your family is taken care of for the long difficult road ahead. You didn’t ask for this to happen, but you should ask for the help you need to make it right. Call one of our Las Vegas brain injury lawyers today at 702-380-3100 to talk about your case.