Premier Wrongful Death Attorney in Las Vegas - Dallas Horton
The unthinkable has happened - a family member or loved one has been lost forever, and the world no longer makes sense. This is especially true when the circumstances of their death came about through no fault of their own, but were a direct result of negligent circumstances or dangerous conditions caused by a company, product or person which could have easily been prevented – but, instead, were ignored. At a time like this, you're undoubtedly left with endless questions, and no answers.
- Why did this have to happen?
- Who is responsible?
- How will our family ever get justice?
- What are we supposed to do?
At this difficult time, Dallas Horton & Associates is here to help you find answers.
- It didn’t have to happen.
- The person, product or company is responsible – not your loved one.
- Our legal system holds negligent parties accountable through money damages because, sadly, that is all some companies care about.
- This may be the toughest question of all to answer. Every person is irreplaceable to someone and every family is unique in their grief. In the end, there might not be an answer – but there is a way to start taking action.
Real Case Results:
Dallas Horton & Associates have successfully resolved many cases in Las Vegas, including wrongful death cases. Here are results from a few of our cases:
- $1 million for Wrongful Death
- $8.9 million for Motor Vehicle Accident
- $5.4 million for Sexual Abuse
- $2.975 million for Leg Injury
- $2.25 million for Constructive Fraud
"Irrespective of the size of the case, our goal is to give every client the time and attention they deserve, and to get justice for all. Our office has handled over 15,000 cases ranging in value from $5000 to $9.6 million. It is not about the value of the harm, its about correcting the injustice that has occurred. Our law firm cares about your injury as well as your recovery." - Dallas Horton
Call To Schedule Your Free Consultation Today!
Types of Las Vegas Wrongful Death Claims
A wrongful death claim accuses the defendant of being the cause of someone’s death either intentionally or negligently. Under Nevada law, the estate of the deceased can file a lawsuit against the person who is legally responsible for the death. Typically, a representative of the estate files the suit on behalf of the surviving family members and other impacted parties.
Dallas Horton & Associates has a track record for handling the most complicated wrongful death claims, such as those involving elder abuse and product liability. We have also helped many families who have endured the pain of a wrongful death due to medical malpractice, including:
- Medication errors
- Surgical errors
- Diagnostic errors
- Birth injuries
Traffic deaths in Nevada also reached an all-time high of 432 in 2006. The numbers receded for a few years before climbing up again. We have experience litigating wrongful death cases that occurred as the result of traffic fatalities, including:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
Other personal injury cases that can turn into wrongful death cases include premises liability, slip and fall accidents, dog bites, train accidents, and construction accidents.
Why Is Time So Important?
It is important to remember, as hard as it may be to think of legal action at a time like this, that quick and deliberate action is required to investigate the circumstances surrounding the loss of your loved one and to preserve valuable evidence. You must also file a lawsuit within the statutes of limitation or you won’t be able to obtain compensation for your loss.
You need someone on your side, looking out for your interests, while you focus on dealing with this terrible tragedy.
There will be days along the way where those responsible and their representatives will try to make your family feel like it is impossible to continue - days where you just don’t have the energy to try to heal AND fight so many different people for justice at the same time.
The Las Vegas wrongful death lawyers at Dallas Horton & Associates will be there to fight for you every single day, no matter what, until those responsible realize it is impossible for them to get away with what their negligence has cost your family.
Regardless of the cause, when a loved dies as the result of a wrongful death, the family must deal with legal impediments. Receiving compensation for funeral and burial expenses and other costs represents the most challenging aspect of this type of case. It is crucial to get help for the administration of the deceased person’s estate and other legal matters, so your family can focus on healing.
The Las Vegas personal injury attorneys at the law firm of Dallas Horton & Associates have successfully handled numerous wrongful death cases. They know exactly what to do and can guide your family through the difficult process every step of the way as a Las Vegas wrongful death lawyer.
Who Is Responsible in a Wrongful Death Case?
Too often, liability in an auto accident is thought to be clear-cut: either you’re at fault or the other party is. However, an experienced car accident attorney knows this isn’t always the case. While establishing fault is essential in any accident claim, the process is not always as straightforward as it’s made out to be. Other potentially liable parties in an auto accident can include:
- Property owners — Building and commercial property owners whose neglect leads to unsafe driving conditions can be held responsible for any injuries incurred as a result. For example, a driver who swerves to avoid a pothole in a shopping center parking lot may be able to seek damages from the property owner.
- Construction crews — Construction crews who don’t take appropriate safety precautions while they work can also be held liable if their negligence causes an accident. If unsecured materials or spills are a factor in an accident, the construction company should bear at least some of the responsibility for any damages incurred.
- Vehicle manufacturers — Vehicle manufacturers who knowingly release defective products should be held responsible for any damages that result. Pursuing a lawsuit against a vehicle manufacturer can be difficult, but it’s an important way of raising awareness about the potential danger other drivers are exposing themselves to.
Let Dallas Horton & Associates Help!
The auto accident lawyers at Las Vegas’ Dallas Horton & Associates have been representing clients for nearly 20 years. Our team has a combined 70+ years of legal experience. No matter the specifics of your case, you can rely on us for informed, actionable advice and an honest assessment of your legal options.
Injured in an auto accident? Get started today by calling our office to schedule your free initial consultation. Our attorneys are licensed to practice personal injury law throughout Nevada and are available to help all auto accident injury victims in Las Vegas and beyond.